Nível Avançado › Hotel Reservations/aula/nivel-avancado/hotel-reservations/
Aula de inglês por Ashley & Josh
- Use vocabulary related to checking into a hotel
- Understand the uses of the zero article
- Understand different expressions with "pick"
At the end of this lesson you’ll be able to:
Dialog: "Presidential suites are R$ 1,300 per night plus tax..."
Nouns usually have an article; the indefinite articles 'a' or 'an' or the definite article 'the'. However, sometimes there is no article associated with a noun and this is called the zero article. When we use plural nouns to make a generalization about a class of things we use the zero article.
ZERO ARTICLE (for things/people in general)
- Business executives tend to receive very high salaries. But the executives at my company have chosen to accept lower wages.
- It is enjoyable to watch children playing happily in the park.
- My father is terrified of heights.
- Ethnic wars across Africa are causing tremendous social and political difficulties.
- Brazilian novelists are considered some of the best authors in the world.
- If there is one thing I cannot stand, it's spiders!
Sobre esta aula
Checking into a hotel has never been easier now that you can do it on-line with the click of the mouse. But what do you do when you're at the front desk and the receptionist tells you a mistake has been made with your reservation? In this lesson we'll give you the language you need to discover and resolve any check-in difficulties you may have. We hope you enjoy your stay with us for this lesson.Experimente uma aula grátis